Where are you located and how can I get there?
VKP Medical is conveniently located at 2733 Wehrle Dr, Williamsville, NY 14221, and 4535 Southwestern Blvd, Suite 204, Hamburg, NY 14075, as well as 309 Exchange Blvd., Rochester, NY 14608.
When and why should I see a pain specialist vs an Orthopedist
Dr. Pilly uses a unique multidisciplinary approach to pain including assessing for biomechanical dysfunctions and collaborating with other providers such as physical therapists who assist in the treatment plan. His goal is to use a multidisciplinary approach with the hopes of reducing opioid medication consumption, maximizing functional outcomes and if possible avoid the need for surgery.
What specialists and services are available in this practice?
Dr. Pilly is board certified in dual board certified in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Pain Management, he focuses on caring and treating the whole body. VKP offers the following treatment options:
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Comprehensive, Total Body Physical Examinations
- Interventional Pain Management Procedures
- Epidural Steroid Injections
- Trigger Point Injections
- Electrodiagnostic Testing (EMG/NCV)
- Sports Medicine
What can I expect from an initial evaluation/visit?
We do everything we can to make your entire experience at VKP Medical pleasant, seamless while keeping your recovery our goal.
From your first contact to your last, expect to be treated with respect and compassion. Here's a preview of how things will unfold on your unique path to a successful outcome.
- Contact VKP Medical to schedule an appointment - often as soon as the next day. Our team will collect both your demographics and your insurance information prior to your visit in order to communicate and educate you on your financial responsibility (if any). If you have medical history that may affect your existing conditions, we will do our part to assist you in retrieving copies of those records to ensure you can have the best, in-depth examination from the provider.
- When you arrive at our office, our staff will welcome you and provide you with a New Patient Intake package. You will be asked to fill out the forms to the best of your knowledge. Your information will then be uploaded into our database in order to communicate your answers to the physicians. We will also help with any paperwork you may have for worker's comp or no-fault/PIP (automobile) claims.
- You will meet with the physician who will listen to you carefully, perform a thorough initial evaluation and discuss the diagnosis results of the source of your pain. The physician will create an individualized care plan and provide you with a detailed explanation on how to follow his recommendations.
- If you are a candidate for treatment, you can begin your care plan Day 1, in office. We recommend wearing loose comfortable clothing in preparation. You'll have the opportunity to experience immediate relief through a hands-on physical therapy session provided by our skilled, in-house therapist.
- Prior to leaving, check-out with our front desk team to ensure you secure your appointment dates and times in order to comply with your personalized treatment plan recommended by your physician.
- Leave with a smile, while we communicate with other professionals on your care team.
Do I need a referral from a primary care or other doctor?
Every patient's scenario is different. We recommend contacting our office so we can understand your insurance coverage and determine whether a referral is necessary. Give us a call! We are happy to help!
What Insurances do you accept?
We accept a wide range of insurances. Unlike many practices, we also accept New York No-Fault Insurance for car accident victims and Workers' Compensation for those who have been injured on the job. Any of our staff members would be able to look into your benefits and provide you with detailed information before you visit our office. Give us a call! We'll be happy to help!
Should I come here if I've been hurt at work or in a car accident?
In New York State you are free to choose your own doctor if you are hurt at work or in a car accident. These two types of accidents are financially covered through the vehicle or the employer's insurance: New York No-Fault (for car accidents) & the New York State Workers' Compensation Board (for work-related injuries). Dr. Pilly and his staff are well-versed in not only handling the delicate and time sensitive documentation required by these insurance carriers, but also treating victims of both these types of accidents. Whether your pain is coming from a soft-tissue injury or is a life-altering impairment, Dr. Pilly and his team are qualified to diagnose, develop, and carry-out a thorough, individualized treatment plan to meet your needs.
What are interventional pain treatments and how can they help me?
Interventional pain treatments are non-surgical procedures that provide relief of pain and injury conditions, such as chronic neck, mid and lower back pain, arthritis or other complex pain conditions. Some common interventional procedures include epidural steroid injections and joint injections. Dr. Pilly's team will work with you to determine whether any of these procedures could help your unique condition.
What is the Patient Portal?
This online resource provides secure access to your medical records. It's an easy way to communicate to your practice. Unlike conventional email, this is completely secure. Allowing you to exchange urgent messages, lab results, and documents with your practice. It allows you to safely store these items in your account, making it easy to keep track of important records. Need to change insurance or contact information? Patient Portal has a tab for that, where you can update any information. Along with allergy and medication tabs that help you stay up to date with your current lists and request refills. There is also an appointments tab that shows any upcoming or past appointments. Here you can see the date, time, location, and doctor that you will be seeing. If the practice prefers, you can make an appointment right in the portal. If you haven't already, activate your account today